The Bush School, the only K-12 independent school in Seattle, has an immediate opening for a graphic designer.
The graphic designer will participate in the development of an updated visual brand for The Bush School and will produce a variety of content to support and advance The Bush School. This will include print publications, fliers, web graphics, infographics, banners, web content, presentation templates, and a multitude of other projects and collateral as needed. While part of the communications department, this position will work closely with the Admission and Development Offices, and collaborate with all campus departments.
This is a .80 time, benefits-eligible position reporting to the director of communications.
This first responsibility of this position will be coordinating the design and implementation of a new Bush School website.
The successful candidate will have:
· At least two years’ experience in designing and producing content for a variety of purposes and audiences;
· A bachelor’s degree in art, design, communications, advertising, or any related field;
· Expertise in relevant software, including Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office;
· Strong photography and photo editing skills, Videography experience is a plus;
· Experience with web content management systems. Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS preferred. Experience with WhippleHill a plus. Working knowledge of social media platforms a plus;
· Exacting attention to detail. Strong writing and proofreading abilities a plus;
· A desire to make use of professional development opportunities to continuously acquire new skills and techniques;
· A patient, collaborative nature, the ability to listen closely and think strategically.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and three references with contact information to: email@example.com or send same to the address below.
Portfolios or links to previous work are welcome.
Review of candidates will begin January 5, 2015.
The Bush School
3400 E Harrison St
Seattle, WA 98112
No phone calls will be accepted
The mission of The Bush School is to spark in students of diverse talents and backgrounds a passion for learning, accomplishment, and contribution to their communities.